Friday, May 14, 2010

Tombstone Mac and Cheese Pizza?!





When I went to South Carolina for spring break this year, one of the things about which I was most excited was visiting CiCi's Pizza. I know it sounds like a weird thing to get excited about, but they happened to have a mac and cheese pizza that looked like the most amazing thing ever. CiCi's did not disappoint, but I did, unfortunately, have to return north, where our repertoire of fast casual dining restaurants is severely limited.

I thought that mac and cheese pizza was going to be just a fond memory until I was browsing through the grocery and found this pizza: a Tombstone frozen pizza with Kraft mac and cheese on top. Brilliant, no? I immediately rushed home in order to see if my wildest dreams had, in fact, come true.






Ratings

Flavor: 3.5/5. The cheese tasted remarkably good – you could tell it was Kraft, but it was better.

Consistency: 3/5. The sauce itself was pretty good. However, I thought that the frozen-pizza crust was too thin to hold the macaroni and cheese, and it additionally made it seem dry.

Pasta Shape: 4/5. Elbows are a conventional choice, but they worked surprisingly well with the Kraft sauce.

Overall: 3.5/5. So the mac and cheese pizza did not disappoint. While it wasn't perfect and there were things I definitely would have changed, it was pretty damn good. A solid meeting of two delicious foods.

1 comment:

  1. I see you found this fairly recently...I'm in Amherst and would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete